Future Doc

My photo
Portsmouth, Dominica
I am a 3rd year student at Ross University School of Medicine

Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 1

Soooo... I made it to Dominica! It was a long day of traveling but I am finally here. This place is beautiful! I love it already. I am in my apartment now which is nice also. My landlord is very kind. He took me to the grocery store and to get some food. It's raining right now....guess I should get used to this. The flights were not too bad. The only scary one was the one from San Juan to Dominica. Some of the turbulence made my stomach uneasy. OMG the ride from the airport was another fright. These people drive like they are playing chicken. They drive in the middle of the road and then when a car is coming they stay there and one car eventually swirves over to the side so that the other can pass. Also the roads are VERY twisted! I took some medicine for motion sickness so I was fine. I met some cool ppl already. I can't wait for the ppl I have been in contact with to get here also. I can't write to much abt the lay of the land because it was raining and almost dark when I arrived here. I plan on getting out tomorrow so I will keep you all posted.

Until next time, love life and smile.....

1 comment:

  1. Hey courtney sorry I missed your call. I am happy to hear you made it in safe and sound and also that the ppl there are giving you a memorable time(already). I just want you to know that I am happy to see your dream finally coming true. I remember when we were in high school just talking abt it and now its happening. You make me proud everyday you go above and beyond to make this a better place for the future. I know you can do it and I'm behind you 200%. Good luck and keep me posted on anything funny that happens, you know I'm always looking for a good joke. Love you girlie! Talk to you when I do.

    ReplyDelete

DISCLAIMER: ATTN HATERS, this is MY blog so if you do not have anything positive to say...DON'T SAY IT! If you still choose to, it will never make it to my page anyway so go ahead!